Resources for LGBTQIA+ Populations
Pride Center of Vermont (PCVT) outlines health disparities and lists upcoming health and wellness events in Vermont.
The Fenway Institute: The National LGBTQIA+ Health Education Center provides educational programs, resources, and consultation to health care organizations with the goal of optimizing quality, cost-effective health care for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual and other gender minority (LGBTQIA+) people.
- Glossary of LGBTQIA+ Terms for Health Care Teams
- Collecting Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Data in Electronic Health Records
- Brochure: Do Ask, Do Tell: Talking to your health care provider about being LGBTQ
- Powerpoint: Do Ask, Do Tell: Collecting Data on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity in Health Centers
- The Center of Excellence for Transgender Health offers primary care protocols for transgender patient care.
- The Annals of Family Medicine offers guidelines for the primary care of lesbian, gay, and bisexual people.
- GLMA: Health Professionals Advancing LGBT Equality works to ensure equality in healthcare for LGBT individuals and healthcare providers. This webpage provides a variety of tools and resources for patients and providers.
- The National Coalition for LGBT Health is committed to improving the health and well-being of LGBT individuals through federal and local advocacy, education, and research.
Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) and Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- LGBT Health and Well-Being: Recommended Actions to Improve the Health and Well-Being of LGBT Communities
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The American Cancer Society